One click root for Incredible arrives, thanks to unrevoked v3, Recovery Reflash Tool. Available for linux, mac, and windows all at once. Also should support Evo, Incredible, and Aria, Eris, and Desire.
1. You will need to make sure in windows at least that you have the proper driver for hboot: http://www.unrevoked.com/rootwiki/do…driver_install
2. HTC Sync is BAD news… If you have it, please uninstall if you have issues, or just for spite. It interferes with us communicating to the device randomly, also pdanet, doubletwist etc could cause issues. If it uses USB and you have problems, try disabling/uninstalling until after the reflash is complete.
3. When asked ALWAYS CHOOSE CHARGE ONLY, perhaps you should check remember this…
Help I’m stuck at waiting for system to settle
check these common issues:
- You switched your driver to the one from this post? It’s NOT identical to the SDK one.
- You don’t have any usb applications that might be taking focus while we are working with the phone right?
- Is the SD card present in the device?
- You did give su permenent access when you allowed it in superuser right?
If you want to donate, we prefer donations get made to the EFF. They protect our rights to do what we enjoy, reversing code in devices we own and making them do things we want them to do. Our team donation link is: http://action.eff.org/goto/unrevoked